Beginning on September 2, 2019, AlohaCare, in conjunction with our PBM, Express Scripts, Inc., (ESI), will be offering electronic prior authorization (ePA) submission for our Medicare line of Business. You can access ePA using your Electronic Health Record (EHR) tool or log in online to the CoverMyMeds
, or ExpressPAth
Why should I use ePA?
• Save time. You can send 11 ePAs in the time it takes to fax just one PA request
• Submit new PAs and renew a PA up to 60 days before it expires
• Complete an existing PA request
• Attach documentation to an existing PA request
• Search for a previously submitted PA request
• Have easy access to your patient’s eligibility and benefit coverage
• Get specific drug-related PA questions and a returned approval decision within moments of the PA submission
What is the cost of ePA?
Some EHR vendors charge an additional fee for this addition functionality. There is no cost to use online portals. If ePA in your EHR tool is unavailable, create a free account online for the tool that works best for your office such as CoverMyMeds, Surescripts,
To register for Express PAth, go to www.Express-PAth.com
with your prescriber NPI and state license number.
• You will receive an email notification
• Have your staff register as an Agent
Approve their request
Please go to www.Express-PAth.com
for online tutorials or other resources. You may also call 844.583.7039 if you have any questions.
*Please note that this functionality will be available for QUEST Integration in future enhancements.