Choose to see a doctor in our statewide provider network.
You can choose your PCP and other doctors from our network. Your PCP is your personal doctor who will see you first for most of your health care needs. Your PCP will coordinate the rest of your services. Your PCP can provide you with the best care by knowing your health care needs and services.
If you have Medicare, you don't have to use the doctors in our provider network. If you have Original Medicare, you can go to any doctor that takes Medicare. We will still cover your copayments and coinsurance. If you have a Medicare Advantage plan, check with that plan for their provider network.
If you have Medicare, you don't have to choose to a Primary Care Provider (PCP) in our provider network. If you have Original Medicare, you can choose any PCP that accepts Medicare. If you have a Medicare Advantage plan, your PCP will be through your Medicare Advantage plan. You do not need to choose a new one. We will work with your Medicare PCP to coordinate your care with our plan.
You should see your PCP first for all of your health care needs.
Your PCP will refer you to other doctors. You should not schedule any appointments with other doctors until your PCP says it is OK. Your PCP will arrange for hospital care if you need to be in the hospital. You will need a referral for:
- Outpatient hospital services and hospital care
- Visits to a doctor who is not a part of the AlohaCare provider network
Look at our Provider Directory
for a list of our network doctors. The Provider Directory will be mailed to you when you join AlohaCare.
You may also use our Provider Finder
on our website to search for providers. You can search for doctors, hospitals, pharmacies and other health care facilities that best suit your needs.
- Select the Plan Type you want and click the blue box that says "Search." Depending on your search criteria, you may not need to select a Plan Type for your search.
- You can also search for providers by their name, specialty, gender, office location (city, zip code or island), language spoken, hospital affiliation, medical affiliation and/or if the provider is accepting new patients.
To customize your search:
- Click the boxes to choose factors that meet your specific needs. You can also enter text into the search boxes.
- Click on the blue box that says "Search."
- For more information about each provider, click on "Details"
You may contact us if you would like information on the professional qualifications of PCPs and specialists, including medical school attended, residency completed, and board certification status. Call Member Services at 808-973-0712 (Oahu) or toll-free at 1-877-973-0712. TTY users call 1-877-447-5990.