Which Medicare Marketing Rules Have Changed for 2019?
The following sections have changed:
- Electronic Communication Policy & Marketing Through Unsolicited Contacts (Sections 30.6 and 40.2)
- Educational Events (MCMG, Section 50.1)
- Personal/Individual Marketing Appointments (MCMG, Section 50.3)
- Required Disclaimers (MCMG, Appendix 2)
What Medicare Marketing Rules Are New?
- Communications and Marketing Definitions (MCMG, Section 20)
- Prohibition of Open Enrollment Period Marketing (MCMG, Section 40.7)
- Agent/Broker Activities, Oversight, and Compensation Requirements (MCMG, Section 110)
Review changes to Medicare Marketing guidelines for 2019 here.
See a full copy of the CMS regulations on marketing here.