Medical & Dental Coverage
AlohaCare Advantage Plus (HMO SNP) is a plan that is specifically designed to meet the special needs of individuals who are currently enrolled in Medicare and have full benefit Medicaid coverage. Some of your benefits include:
- Doctor Visits
- Hospital Stays
- Vision Coverage
- Hearing Coverage
- Preventive Services
- Dental Services - $2,500 per plan year
- Tests, X-rays & Lab Services
- 24-hour Nurse Advice Line
- Member Service Navigators for personal care coordination
- Over-the-Counter Card - $150 per quarter
Limitations, copayments and restrictions may apply. For a complete listing of benefits, see your Summary of Benefits.
Acupuncture and Massage therapy services for AlohaCare Advantage Plus (Medi-Medi) Plan members are administered through American Specialty Health, Inc. (ASH)
- Acupuncture Benefit provides coverage for the following:
- Up to 15 supplemental visits every year for the treatment of chronic low back pain.
- $1,000 plan coverage limit for acupuncture every year.
- Therapeutic Massage benefit provides coverage up to 12 visits. 20% coinsurance applies to every visit.
ASH Group Customer Service: 800.678.9133
Monday - Friday, 3:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. & Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Hawaii Standard Time
Dental services for AlohaCare Advantage Plus (HMO SNP) plan members are administered through Hawaii Dental Service (HDS).
By clicking the links, you will be leaving the AlohaCare website.
AlohaCare Advantage Plus offers members a $150 pre-paid card per quarter to purchase over-the-counter (OTC) eligible items. You can use this card to purchase many common items at local pharmacies, including Walgreens and Longs CVS, without having to submit a receipt.
AlohaCare Advantage Plus has a limited annual benefit that covers emergency services you may need while traveling outside of the U.S.
The purpose of this program is to ensure the continuous evaluation and improvement of processes associated with the quality of mental health and addictions care received by our members. It also includes the retrospective monitoring and problem solving associated with the care and service delivered. The program explanation, annual evaluation and Utilization Management decision-making criteria are available to all members and contracted providers.