Medical & Dental Coverage
AlohaCare Advantage Plus (HMO SNP) is a plan that is specifically designed to meet the special needs of individuals who are currently enrolled in Medicare and have full benefit Medicaid coverage. Some of your benefits include:
- Hospital Stays
- Vision Coverage
- Hearing Coverage
- Preventive Services
- Comprehensive Dental Services - $3,000 per plan year
- Tests, X-rays & Lab Services
- 24-hour Nurse Advice Line
- Member Service Navigators for personal care coordination
- Prepaid Flex Debit Card - $50 per month
Acupuncture and Chiropractic services for AlohaCare Advantage Plus (HMO SNP) members are administered through American Specialty Health, Inc. (ASH)
- $0 copay for each Medicare-covered chiropractic visit
- $0 copay for each Acupuncture visit for chronic low back pain
- Covered services include: Up to 12 visits in 90 days are covered for Medicare beneficiaries under the following circumstances:
- For the purpose of this benefit, chronic low back pain is defined as:
- Lasting 12 weeks or longer;
- Nonspecific, in that it has no identifiable systemic cause (i.e. not associated with metastatic, inflammatory, infectious disease, etc.);
- Not associated with surgery; and
- Not associated with pregnancy.
- An additional eight (8) sessions will be covered for those patients demonstrating an improvement.
- No more than 20 acupuncture treatments may be administered annually.
- Treatment must be discontinued if the patient is not improving or is regressing.
ASH Customer Service: 800.678.9133
Monday - Friday, 3:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. & Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Hawaii Standard Time
Dental services for AlohaCare Advantage Plus (HMO SNP) plan members are administered through Hawaii Dental Service (HDS).
By clicking the links, you will be leaving the AlohaCare website.
The popular OTC debit card for AlohaCare’s Advantage Plus members got a major upgrade this year. You can now use your monthly $50 flex card to buy healthy food and over-the-counter health products and help pay for utilities. Please be sure to review how to use your card so you can make the most of it.
- Each month, you get $50 added to your flex card. Use all of it each month. Leftover amounts will not rollover to the next month and it can’t be cashed out.
- Use the card at participating retailers. Retailers in includes Walmart, Longs/CVS, Safeway, Walgreens, and Moloka’i Drugs.
- Only the balance available on your card can be used for purchases. Purchases that exceed your balance will not be paid through your card. You can check your balance using your online account or you can call us.
- Setup your online account using the desktop version of the website found at https://alohacare.lh1ondemand.com/. Through your account, you can access:
- The complete list of retailers that will accept your flex card.
- A list of eligible items covered by your flex card.
- Your card balance.
As usual, we’re always here if you have questions or need support. Call 808-973-6395, toll-free 1-866-973-6395, or TTY/TDD 1-877-447-5990. Hours available are October 1 to March 31, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., 7 days a week and April 1 to September 30, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday.
AlohaCare Advantage Plus has a limited annual benefit that covers emergency services you may need while traveling outside of the U.S.
The purpose of this program is to ensure the continuous evaluation and improvement of processes associated with the quality of mental health and addictions care received by our members. It also includes the retrospective monitoring and problem solving associated with the care and service delivered. The program explanation, annual evaluation and Utilization Management decision-making criteria are available to all members and contracted providers.